Experience a 12-lap race in the Mygale Formula Ford FF200. The French chassis builder Mygale is the most successful chassis builder of modern Formula Ford.
Tank Driving Experience
- Driver Minimum age is 18
Do you have what it takes to drive one of our tanks?
SWB Motorsport has organised military vehicle experience days since 2016. Our site is home to the Alvis CVR(T) Spartan: a light, nimble beast. In our Tank Driving Experience, you have the opportunity to drive one of the tanks first-hand!
Alvis CVR(T) Spartan Tank
This is what we affectionately call the ‘sports tank’, the reason behind this being the engine and performance of this 8-ton beast… The engine is straight out of the Jaguar E-Type, a 4.2-litre, 6-cylinder petrol engine giving out over 200 horsepower. It propels this aluminium-fabricated APC to well over 50 mph!
With a semi-automatic gearbox with 7 forward and reverse gears (yes, that means it’ll do 50+ mph backwards too!), it’s got fingertip steering controls and even a separate braking system due to its phenomenal performance. With room in the back for only half the passengers of its big brother, the FV432, the Spartan is designed for speed and agility and not brute force.
- Minimum age: 18
- Minimum height: 4 ft 6 in
- Maximum height: 6 ft 4 in
- Weight should be in proportion to your height
- Fitness/health: You should be in reasonable health and able to climb in and out of the vehicle. This experience is not suitable for those with epilepsy, heart complaints or pregnant ladies.
- Please note: Anyone deemed to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be permitted to participate.
- The experience content, equipment used and restrictions may vary.
What should I bring?
Please ensure you wear long trousers and tough shoes.
- Driving Licence