The Alvis CVR(T) Spartan is a light, nimble beast! In our Tank Driving Experience, you have the opportunity to drive one of the tanks first-hand!
- Driver Minimum age is 18
Go off-roading in military-style
Go off-roading in military-style. Take the controls of the Leyland DAF 45/150. Your absolute beast of a truck weighs in at just over 6 tonnes, so you’ll know all about the power coming up from that huge diesel engine. Fully kitted out in your safety gear, your instructor shows you the ropes before you put those special tyres through their paces across the tricky terrain. Simple to drive, you can master the clutch and amazing power steering in no time.
The most versatile vehicle in the fleet, these trucks are exceptionally capable over all terrains. We even let you loose in them on our off-road course, so that’s a sign of how confident we are in their ability! The DAF ‘4 Tonner’ (so called due to its load capacity) is available in many different guises, including tankers, cranes and troop carriers. Ours is set up as a troop carrier with specially designed seating systems designed by the army to seat 14 troops/passengers safely. Come and have a go if you think you’re ready!
- Minimum age: 18
- Minimum height: 4 ft 6 in
- Maximum height: 6 ft 4 in
- Weight should be in proportion to your height
- Fitness/health: You should be in reasonable health and able to climb in and out of the vehicle. This experience is not suitable for those with epilepsy, heart complaints or pregnant ladies.
- Please note: Anyone deemed to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be permitted to participate.
- The experience content, equipment used and restrictions may vary.
- Take the Hagglunds BV206.
- Test the capabilities over tricky terrain.
- Guidance and safety briefing from your instructor
- Choice of two locations
- Experience gift pack including personalised voucher and message card
- Cancellation indemnity
What to Bring
- Driving Licence