The Alvis CVR(T) Spartan is a light, nimble beast! In our Tank Driving Experience, you have the opportunity to drive one of the tanks first-hand!
- Passenger Minimum age is 12
Have fun with this ‘big boy’s toy’ of epic proportions
The ‘Stolly’, as it’s affectionately known, is almost unstoppable off-road. With full 6-wheel drive and a roaring B80 Rolls Royce engine similar to that in our FV432, the Stolly can run along at around 45 mph over any territory. At 9 tons in weight, it is also amphibious! Driven by jet-drives left and right, it can do up to 8 knots in the water! Come and experience being in the team’s favourite vehicle – she’s a beast!
The Alvis Stalwart is a ‘big boy’s toy’ of epic proportions! This amphibious High Mobility Load Carrier is absolutely unstoppable. This vehicle was designed to go and refuel tank groups in the worst places, and some squaddies actually rate these vehicles higher than the tanks themselves in terms of off-road performance.
With all that oomph from her 250 bhp Rolls Royce engine, we fly along round the airfield at top speed, usually around 35-40 mph.
- Minimum age: 18
- Minimum height: 4 ft 6 in
- Maximum height: 6 ft 4 in
- Weight should be in proportion to your height
- Fitness/health: You should be in reasonable health and able to climb in and out of the vehicle. This experience is not suitable for those with epilepsy, heart complaints or pregnant ladies.
- Please note: Anyone deemed to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be permitted to participate.
- The experience content, equipment used and restrictions may vary.
What to Bring